If someone else was going to be you for a week, what instructions would they need?
- How would they need to hold their body (what is their posture like)?
- How would they need to talk about themselves and others in their head?
- How would they dress?
- What would they need to say about their body as they look in the mirror?
- What would they need to develop a fear of and how would you suggest they go about developing this fear?
- What would they need to start caring about and what would they need to stop caring about?
- What habits would they need to take up?
- When would they be brave? How will they know it’s time to be brave?
- How often would they need to feel bad about themselves and how will they know when it’s time to feel bad?
- How often would they feel good about themselves and how will they know it’s time to feel good?
- How would they need to act towards loved ones on a good day and on a bad day?
- What are they going to be able to do with confidence and how will they demonstrate confidence?
- When will they need to play small and hide their skills and thoughts? How will they know it’s time to hide?
- What should they hold themselves back from doing because they shouldn’t have the confidence for it? How will they know that they are not confident enough?
- Is there anything they should plan to do regularly but then never get around to?
- How should they distract themselves so they don’t accidentally do something that they should be putting off?
- What food should they put in their body to maintain your current weight, health and thoughts about yourself?
- How should they make sure they don’t achieve all those goals that you want to keep for future dreams instead of having right now?
- How should they waste time? How will they know it’s time to waste?
- How busy should they be to accurately reproduce your stress levels?
- How often should they say yes when they mean no and how will they know it’s time to say the opposite to what they mean?
- Which opportunities should they go for and which should they remember they don’t have the confidence/time/energy/skills for?
- How should they approach decision making?
Answer these and you have the entire map of your beliefs and bottlenecks in front of you…these are the behaviours that hold you back. If you don’t like what you see, this awareness can help you to make some easy changes to your behaviours so that they serve you better.